Sunday, February 8, 2015

My First Painted Malifaux Crew, Yan Lo and the Ancestors


I had always looked lovingly towards Malifaux since I like the setting, the focus on objectives, and the Fate deck (everything is cards, no dice). Also, I don't have any Undead armies in my other systems, so Malifaux time for this guy!


The figures are very tabletop quality, but I had fun painting them. If I got bored painting one of them, then I stopped. I picked Yan Lo because I always loved "Big Trouble in Little Chinatown" as a kid.

I wanted my big samurai figure, Izamu, to look ghostly since he is a spirit, but he came out looking like Mr. Sinister from the X-Men comics, which is okay with me, too. Chiaki (the pink dress wearing model) was very fun to paint surprisingly. I like all of her little details, and the chi wave she is riding on.

These skeletons wear a big boring to paint, and I disliked how their spears and flags were constantly moving during paint. The Malifaux plastics can be ridiculously fragile. I decided to paint them in the colors of the Foot Clan from TMNT. Toshiro (the samurai with his guts out) was fun to paint since his guts are hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment