Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Da Krump Kroozer: Ork Battlewagon Conversion

     Behold, da Krump Kroozer in all of it's plasticard glory! It started it's life as a trukk made from a Rhino, but I loved the model too much to see it get blown up by bolter fire. Also, I love trukks, but 12 ork boys wasn't cutting the mustard. Thus, I did what any mek would do and tricked that bad boy out.


     I tried my hardest to keep the dimensions as close to the official model, so no one could cry foul in "modeling for advantage." Also, I am from the camp that believes if a ork vehicles doesn't have a face/gob, it's not Orky enough.


     I must admit that the treads come from a Gundam toy, Gun-Tank to be specific. I would have used the battlewagon treads, but they are too expensive. Also, I traded for this battlewagon, so the paint job is not mine.

    The next question is this. I have 2 Land Raiders. Do I use them with my Dark Angels or do I ork them up for 2 more battlewagons? Their fate is in your hands readers...


4 comments:

  1. Nice job man, looks awesome!! and has lots of character. Will be posting it on my Blogger's Best Series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I miraculously did not cut myself, while cutting the plasticard. I found the sheeting cheap by buying "No smoking" signs from the hardware store for $1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. The face on the front is killer. I'll have to keep the signs thing in mind when I need some more plastic sheeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Join the two land raiders together and build a battle fortress! Nice conversions man I too believe ork vehicles must have a face and a Jaw

    ReplyDelete