Sunday, July 22, 2012

Space Sharks (Deathwing) 1000 pt for 6th Edition


     The FLGS had its first 6th edition even for 1000 pts. I decided to let the Space Sharks swim since they are my only fully painted army. We had 16 players show up and we had 3 rounds of play to allow us to grow used to the changes.


HQ

  • Beliel - Master of the Deathwing
    Twin Lightning Claws
  • Librarian
    • Terminator Armour
      Storm Bolter

Troops

  • Deathwing Command Squad (Troops)
    Deathwing Apothocary, 4x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
    • Sergeant
      Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
  • Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops)
    Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter and Chainfist, 3x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
    • Sergeant
      Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
  • Deathwing Terminator Squad (Troops)
    Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter and Chainfist, 3x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
    • Sergeant
      Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

1000 points on the dot. I could substitute the Librarian for a squad of 3 bikes with 2 melta, but I am happy that I stuck with the Libby. Prescience rerolls are no joke.

Round 1 - Dark Eldar - 3 Objectives - Crushing Loss
Round 2 - Jumper Blood Angels - 2 Objectives - Crushing Victory
Round 3 - 2 Tervigon, Trygon Nids - Killpoints Hammer and Anvil - Crushing Victory

Props
- The Librarian with the Divination signature spell was more useful than originally thought. Re-rolling Thunder hammers can be huge on the Command squad.
- Hammer and Anvil allowed me to kill a Trygon with Cyclone shots before it could get into combat. Again, rerolls from Divination's Prescience helped immensely.
- My opponents being great and fun
- Mysterious Objectives aren't game breaking at all. The Exploding one was rolled twice and didn't kill a single model in either my or my opponents armies.
- Getting Best Overall! Very unexpected after being crushed Game 1.

Slops
- Round 1 - my command squad deepstriked and scattered 9 inches into a unit of Pathfinders. I rolled a "1" on the Deepstrike Mishap table. Fuuuuuuuu.........Bye-Bye 515 points before the game even begins. By the graces of Odin, I wasn't tabled as I had one Terminator on the field, Captain Ahab the Sargent.

In the end, I won Best Overall and got to take home a sweet medal. Many players loved the Space Sharks and they won Best Painted as well, but one player cannot win multiple categories. The love needs to be shared around. My medal is the gold. My partner-in-crime got Sportsmanship and $20.


The final standings. It's me at the top. Tyler Watts. Gigawatts. Easy right?


I didn't get battle pictures, so here are glamor shots of the sharks.

The butt-kicking Command Squad minus Librarian Dhalsim.




Apothecary bit from Fabius Bile.





Here is the famous Captain Ahab, who has solely survived Tyranids and Dark Eldar now.




\










Squad markings allow me to tell which unit is which with minimal distraction to the base rim.
No army is complete without custom objective markers. A simple finishing touch.

Next tournament is 1500 in a month, so I need to decide to bring more Space Sharks, Kan Wall orks, or Shooty Tyranids. The choices.....

Class Dismissed.

1 comment:

  1. Well teach next time you you might have to face me. As you know my power level is over 9000 so think you can beat me MWAHAHAHAHA!

    But seriously gratz man, next time ill try to show up and give you some good competition. Maybe you will break your losing streak to me and finally pull out a win in 40k against me.

    ReplyDelete