Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Master of the Forge on Bike: Converting Conversion Beamer


     I have always dreamed off an army of Dreadnoughts. I chose to follow my dreams and kitbashed up a quick Master of the Forge on a bike. An important note is that the techmarine forfeits his servo-harness for the Conversion Beamer, thus the lack of tentacle goodness.

     Here is the Bits Breakdown
++ Techmarine shoulder pads and heads from the Space Marine vehicle sprue.
++ An auspex from the Space Marine Tactical squad accessory sprue.
++ A Lascannon from the Imperial Guard heavy weapons box.
++ The front end of a random Necron gun from the Desolation Barge.
++ The back end of said Necron gun glued to the side of the Beamer.
++  The radar dish from the Space Marine vehicle spure glued to the butt of the Beamer.

I am going to paint his armor up red and let him stalk the edges of the game table since his gun is beefed up to S10 AP1 blast if the Master of the Forge is far enough away. The bike makes him relentless, so he can move and fire his heavy weapon. I have fears of him running by himself, but a bike squad would be wasted on him since the bikers will want to get within 24 inches. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

  1. I do love this master of the forge. And I kind of enjoy that there's no official model out there because the conversions are always so much fun to see.
    And really, since 6th killed assaulting out of reserves, I find it's pretty rare to lose this guy.

    ReplyDelete